Health Workforce Principal Committee
The Health Workforce Principal Committee (HWPC) has two major roles:
- To provide a forum for reaching agreement on key national level health workforce issues which require government collaborative action.
- To provide advice on health workforce issues to the Australian Health Ministers' Advisory Council (AHMAC).
The Chair of HWPC is Mr Jeffrey Moffet, Chief Executive Department of Health, Northern Territory.
Terms of Reference
The Health Workforce Principal Committee will:
- Advise AHMAC on national health workforce policy and strategic priorities, including the development of agreed jurisdictional positions where strategically significant and advantageous
- Align the allocation of nationally agreed resources (eg annual AHMAC budget allocation) with these national priorities and goals
- Advise AHMAC on and oversee projects on priority workforce issues
- Oversee and coordinate national activities, including workforce subcommittees, working groups and projects
- Facilitate alignment of health workforce activities with the National Health Workforce Strategic Framework
- Engage with peak groups and organisations, including the private health sector, as required.
- To provide an interface with HWA and its work program, ensuring that jurisdictional views are provided into specific HWA policy and programs